Future Library Congress
The Future Library Congress explores how all libraries are evolving from all types of school libraries, public libraries, university libraries, government and corporate libraries. The Future Library Congress will explore how the job of the Librarian is becoming more of an 'information facilitator' and creator.
Some of the questions answered at Future Library Congress include:
- What makes a great library?
- How do you improve library layout and design?
- How do you bring libraries alive?
- What are the skills and knowledge for an uncertain future?
- What are the kills and attitudes needed by the library leaders of today and tomorrow
TYPES OF LIBRARIES?
- Public libraries
- Academic libraries
- Special libraries
- Corporate libraries
- School libraries
- Other libraries
- Library staff and managers
- Heads of eLearning
- Teacher Librarians
- Information Services Managers
- Digital Curriculum Coordinators
- Records Managers
- Understand what is required for Library leaders in an uncertain future
- Know more about digital collections, makerspace, VR and more
- Identify opportunities for leading edge library technology
- How to improve library design and layout
- Understand drivers of change impacting the Library sector
- The future of libraries and disruption
- Changing role of the Librarian
- Digitisation of collections
- Community Engagement
- Internet of Things and Libraries
- Makers' Movement
- Library Management Systems
- Innovative Library Design and Layout
- Archives, Knowledge Management and Records Management