Masterclass F - Mind Mapping® in the Classroom
This fast-paced interactive masterclass looks at Mind Mapping as a means to facilitate creative thinking and innovation in the teaching/learning process.
Developed by Tony Buzan - the Mind Map® is one of the most empowering and useful tools in the Advanced Learning and Study Skills arsenal, now used by an estimated 500 million people and in thousands of schools around the world.
Tapping into how the brain works, Mind Maps® allows detailed thinking to radiate from a central focus while providing a big picture of the material. This program looks at the practical application of Mind Maps in the teaching/learning process to help students develop critical and creative thinking skills, improve note taking and study skills, and to enhance teamwork.
This Masterclass will help you accelerate learning, stimulate creativity and innovation, develop thinking skills, and increase collaboration.
Who Should Attend?
- This program is designed for educationists from classroom teachers to independent tutors in every field, working with students of every age and any subject.
The amount of information available today is virtually infinite, leading to information overload for teachers and students, so managing it better is vital. By understanding the way the brain works, and applying the Laws of Mind Mapping to organise and develop thinking, Mind Maps allow the mapper to:
- Unlock the power of radiant thinking by understanding how the brain works
- Mind Map complete concepts and develop innovative new ideas
- Capture and comprehend information with greater completeness and clarity
- Plan classes, assignments, and activities of all types in a fraction of the time normally needed
- Work creatively and productively individually and in teams
- Generate innovative new ideas and strategies related to the task being worked on
- Communicate ideas and concepts to teachers, students and peers easily and quickly
- Develop their critical and creative thinking skills
What To Bring?
- A spirit of adventure and openness to learn
- A set of coloured pens, pencils, or textas
- You will be given a How to Mind Map pad for your Mind Mapping
8:30 | Arrival
9:00 | Commencement
9:00 - 10:30 | Session 1: Radiant Thinking (90 mins)
- Introduction, outline of workshop purpose, expectations, and approach
- Why Mind Map?
Unleashing Genius with Radiant Thinking
- The nature of critical and creative thinking
- Introduction to Radiant Thinking and Your Amazing Brain
- Mind Maps - the Swiss Army Knife for the Brain
10:30 - 10:50 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (20 mins)
10:50 - 12:30 | Session 2: Laws of Mind Mapping (100 mins)
- Mind Maps in action and the Laws of Mind Mapping
- Individual Mind Map activity - Planning an event or activity
Mind Mapping Activity - Developing an innovative classroom
- Individual Mind Map burst
- Group Mind Map and presentation
12:30 - 1:20 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (50 mins)
1:20 - 2:40 | Session 3: Mind Maps for Study and Creative Thinking (80 mins)
MMapplications - Mind Map Applications
- Note taking for improved study and exam success
- Note making for enhanced creativity and innovation
- Group mapping for collaboration and team learning
- Mind Mapping software
2:40 - 3:00 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (20 mins)
3:00 - 4:00 | Session 4: Mind Maps in the Classroom (60 mins)
Mind Maps for Facilitating Learning
- Introducing Mind Maps into the learning process
- Facilitating with Mind Maps
4:00 | Conclusion